Hire smarter, quickly and more easily.
Small to Medium Businesses Need Flexible Workers
There are certain worker types that all small to medium businesses need regardless of the type of business or job:
- The multi-tasker. As the owner of a small to medium business you do many different tasks each day. Your workers should be able to do the same. Someone who is skilled enough and flexible enough to be willing to do whichever task you put before them.
- The financial wizard. The books must balance. All businesses need someone who understands how payroll, billing, and accounts management work, and who can do it well
- The cheerleader. Someone who believes in the company, their job and the work. Someone committed to helping your business grow as they grow along with it.
- The mentor. Someone who is capable of working with your newest employees and providing them the support they need to be successful.
Everyone has advice on how to hire better; some with complicated formulas and strategies. But hiring well is very simple. Hiring managers should:
- Have a clear idea of what you want the person to be doing. Know what skills you can teach and what skills they need to bring with them. MATC Jobs can conduct a review of your company’s needs and develop a hiring strategy tailored for your business.
- Hire for personality as much as job skills. Job skills are vital in today’s competitive market. But other traits are just as important: dependability, learning quickly and getting along well with others is just as important. MATC Jobs screens for more than just professional skills. We screen for personality traits that match the person to the job.
- Checking references . Getting reference can be challenging in today’s environment but you need to know that person you are hiring performed well in their last position. MATC Jobs thoroughly checks references and is committed to understanding the past job experience and job goals of candidates.
Train your interviewers on the latest interview techniques. It is important to make sure that interviewers are well equipped and knowledgeable on the best interviewing practices. Our team of interviewers at MATC Jobs are trained and experienced on all current interviewing practices and procedures in order to deliver and get the best results out of interviews with candidates.
Schedule and conduct structured candidate interviews. Once you’ve selected candidates, schedule and conduct structured interviews. Structured interviews offer a sound basis for comparing applicants. MATC Jobs uses a proven structured interview process that allows us to identify the best candidates for hire.
Review the resumes using a resume assessment tool. Knowing what you’re looking for in terms of experience, education and skills will help you weed through these resumes quickly and identify potential candidates. MATC Jobs will develop a resume review tool based on your requirements to help the process run more smoothly and quickly.
Assess candidate’s for their skills using a proven assessment tool. A resume and phone interview can only tell you so much about a candidate. That is why MATC Jobs uses a dependable assessment tool to help analyze the core behavioral and cognitive attributes of candidates.
Run a background check. It is important to make sure that the individual you hire does not come with any potential risks. MATC Jobs will run a background check to uncover potential problems not revealed by assessments and interviews.
Develop a “success profile.” It’s important to develop a “success profile” of the ideal employee for the positions you are hiring for. MATC Jobs will develop a profile to help you select the candidates most likely to succeed in that position. Develop screening questions. Compile a list of suitable questions you can ask over the phone to help you quickly identify qualified candidates and eliminate those unqualified. MATC Jobs has a set predetermined questions to screen for the most basic qualifications. Once we have obtained your requirements for your particular position, we customize the screening questions to help evaluate candidates based on your needs.